A Tribute

I think it's a great thing to take time and recognize special people in our lives. That person today is my wife, Emilee. This recognition is long over due. We dated for about three years (nearly all in college), were engaged for nearly a year, and have been married going on six years. Simply being with me for this long is a feat that merits recognition!

Like everyone else, she is not perfect. She has flaws, but they pale in comparison to her positive attributes. Here are a few reasons why my wife is so amazing.

She is beautiful. I mean this in no cliché way: she looked like a Greek goddess at her sister's wedding last weekend in her one-shoulder dress with her hair pulled back just right. She has beauty that doesn't need to be accentuated by makeup. She is so elegant. I should not need moments like that to remind me of this reality. I get to spend every day with her and see her beauty all the time. Lucky me.

She is confident. Very much unlike myself, she is not driven by a desire for affirmation from others. She is consumed less with what others think about her than almost anyone I know. I am very envious of this trait in her. Perhaps the only thing I'm more envious of in her is her ability to sleep.

She is kind. She is empathetic and caring. She is affirming and is a joy to be around.

She is a servant. I love serving preschoolers with her at church. She wants the best for others. She prepares meals for me and our son all the time with almost no help from me and no complaining.

She's a great mother. She loves our son so much. She teaches him, plays with him, makes sure all his needs are taken care of, and models Christ-centeredness to him.

She is intelligent. She is one of the smartest people I know. It is a true joy to be married to a wise woman.

She is funny. She makes me laugh every day. She is corny and witty and smart. A spouse with well-rounded humor makes life so enjoyable

She is patient. I am so bad at showing affection and serving her. Yet, she continues to love me in spite of my immaturity. She has to put up with two kids in the house a lot of the time: me and Owen. We'll see how things look when another boy comes in October!

She loves God. She delights in truth. She loves to worship. She loves the Bible. She sanctifies me in ways she doesn't know.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I have an amazing, beautiful, compassionate wife of integrity. My life is immensely better because of her presence and role in of. Anyone who knows me knows how unworthy I am of her. God has given me a wonderful lifelong gift and I am so fortunate to get to grow old with Emilee Brown! She got the short end of the stick, but that doesn't stop me from feeling lucky every day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bible and Me in 2020

This post IS about me

Clarification